- Chew your food well, remember digestion starts in the mouth.
- Drink more water, just not while you are eating. Being well hydrated helps your body eliminate wastes more efficiently, however drinking with your meals dilutes your digestive juices making digestion less efficient.
- Eat more fiber. Fiber feeds your good bacteria, binds toxins & improves bowel movements
- Increase your intake of Omega 3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA) to 3g/day. Omega 3 oils are an important part of your cellular membranes and they are anti-inflammatory
- Take a daily probiotic or enjoy foods containing probiotics like yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut and other fermented foods.
- Reduce your sugar intake. Sugar is highly inflammatory and immunosuppressive. Even 1 teaspoon of sugar decreases your immune system for 5 hours.
- Fit activity into your day, the more sedentary we are the more sluggish our digestive system is.
- Sleep more
- Breathe more. Breathing helps us slow down and improves digestion.
- Follow the 4 ‘R’ Program – Remove, Replace, Re-inoculate & Repair, to restore healthy digestion
Your digestive system is truly the “Grand Central Station” of your body because of the interconnected nature of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
This interconnectedness means that a comprehensive approach to the GI tract is required for your true long term health, especially if
- You have been diagnosed with a GI condition
- You have an autoimmune condition
- You are experiencing GI symptoms like gas, bloating, diarrhea or constipation
- You are struggling with fatigue or suffering with migraines
If you’re dealing with these issues, you can benefit from my comprehensive approach!
Our Goal: A Properly Functioning Gastrointestinal System
Proper digestive function ensures adequate breakdown and assimilation of nutrients.
Without this proper functioning even the most nutritious diet may be ineffective for optimizing health.
Furthermore, incomplete or faulty digestive processes, left undiagnosed and untreated, may raise the risk of many diseases and may lead to a variety of chronic disorders such as arthritis, diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome, hypothyroidism, Parkinson’s disease and colorectal cancer.
A Comprehensive Four Step Program for GI Health
I use a highly effective four-step program to restore gastrointestinal health.
This program is highly individualized to your personal needs.
Together we create a program for health that will
- Establish a healthy diet
- Eliminate pathogens like Candida, bacteria and parasites & restore beneficial bacteria
- Replace digestive juices
- Repair the integrity of the gastrointestinal tract
Call me — Make sure there are no painful roadblocks or detours at your “Grand Central Station”!